EMERGENCIES DO HAPPEN!
This section provides the advice you need to ensure that you, your family and home are best prepared and ready to respond in the event of an emergency.
Things to do:
- Use the toolbar above to create a household emergency plan
- Put together an emergency kit
- Print out the list of grab bag items in case you have to evacuate
- Carry an ICE (In Case of Emergency) card in your wallet or on your mobile phone (see Toolkit)
- Check to find out whether any LLR Prepared Events are taking place in your area
You and the members of your family could be anywhere when an emergency occurs
- What would be your first concerns?
- What would be your priorities?
- How would you contact each other?
You might have to be evacuated from your home
- What would you need to take with you?
- What would you do about the pets?
- Who would you want to tell?
There is a lot you can do now to prepare yourself and your family for emergencies – a number of straightforward, common sense measures will stand you in good stead in a wide range of situations. Why not get the whole family involved!
Visit About LLR Prepared to find out more about the emergency planning work that goes on in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.